Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Festoon House, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your Festoonhouse.com.au Account and Site. If you create a blog/site on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Festoon House may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Festoon House liability. You must immediately notify Festoon House of any unauthorised uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. Festoon House will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorised and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Festoon House or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Festoon House for inclusion on your Website, you grant Festoon House a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, Festoon House will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Festoon House has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Festoon House sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Festoon House reasonable opinion, violates any Festoon House policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Festoon House sole discretion. Festoon House will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
3. Payment and Renewal.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay Festoon House the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
Automatic Renewal (If Applicable).
Unless you notify Festoon House before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to Festoon House in writing.
Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Services account you agree to pay Festoon House the applicable setup fees and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. Festoon House reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Services can be canceled by you at anytime on thirty (30) days written notice to Festoon House.
Support. If your service includes access to priority email support. “Email support” means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by Festoon House to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the VIP Services. “Priority” means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free Festoonhouse.com.au services. All support will be provided in accordance with Festoon House standard services practices, procedures and policies.
5. Responsibility of Website Visitors. Festoon House has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Festoon House does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Festoon House disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
6. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Festoonhouse.com.au links, and that link to Festoonhouse.com.au. Festoon House does not have any control over those non-Festoon House websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Festoon House website or webpage, Festoon House does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Festoon House disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Festoon House websites and webpages.
7. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Festoon House asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Festoonhouse.com.au violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Festoon House in accordance with Festoon House Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Festoon House will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Festoon House will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Festoon House or others. In the case of such termination, Festoon House will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Festoon House.
8. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Festoon House to you any Festoon House or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Festoon House. Festoon House, Festoonhouse.com.au, the Festoonhouse.com.au logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Festoonhouse.com.au, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Festoon House or Festoon House licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Festoon House or third-party trademarks.
9. Advertisements. Festoon House reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog unless you have purchased an ad-free account.
10. Attribution. Festoon House reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at Festoonhouse.com.au,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar.
11. Partner Products. By activating a partner product (e.g. theme) from one of our partners, you agree to that partner’s terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating the partner product.
12. Affiliate Links
Products and services mentioned on the Festoon House website may contain affiliate links that may or may not generate revenue for Festoon House. No additional cost is incurred by clicking these links. However, clicking the links will allow Festoon House to continue finding and sharing products and services with you like the ones mentioned on this website.
13. Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
14. Changes. Festoon House reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Festoon House may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
15. Termination. Festoon House may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Festoonhouse.com.au account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by Festoon House if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from Festoon House notice to you thereof; provided that, Festoon House can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Festoon House and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Festoon House nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
17. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Festoon House, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Festoon House under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Festoon House shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
19. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Festoon House, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
20. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Festoon House and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorised executive of Festoon House, or by the posting by Festoon House of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the City of Sydney, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Sydney, NSW, Australia. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Sydney, Australia, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Festoon House may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
21. Product Warranty
Festoon House is committed to providing high-quality products that meet our customers’ needs. To give you even more confidence in your purchase, we offer a warranty that covers product faults itself for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Note that this warranty only applies to products that have been correctly installed as detailed in our product installation guide. Any damage caused by accidents or any other damage caused during installation by the purchaser or the contractor installing the goods is not covered under this warranty.
However, we do recognize that in some cases, modifications to our products may be necessary to meet your specific needs. If such modifications have been pre-approved by our company in writing, they may warrant an exception to this warranty policy. Please contact us for further information on how to obtain approval for modifications and any additional warranty coverage that may be available for such modified products.
This warranty policy does not cover any damages resulting from the installation of our products near the shore. This is because the high humidity and saltiness in such environments can cause the product to corrode and get damaged easily.
Any damages caused to the product as a result of bird or insect chipping of the wire are not covered under this warranty. The warranty covers defects in materia, and any damages caused by external factors, including but not limited to bird or insect chipping of the wire, are explicitly excluded from the warranty coverage.
It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the product is protected from external factors that may cause damage. The manufacturer shall not be held liable for any damages caused by such external factors, and the user shall assume full responsibility for any repair or replacement costs that may arise as a result.
This clause is intended to clarify the limitations of the warranty coverage and shall be binding upon all users of the product. The manufacturer reserves the right to modify or amend this clause at any time, without prior notice or obligation.
For enquiries regarding product warranty and exemptions, please contact Festoon House through [email protected] or call us directly at 1300 246 282.
EXTENDED WARRANTY PROGRAM
Beginning April 2023, we have opened our Extended Warranty Program. We understand that investing in a product is an important decision, and we want to ensure that you are protected throughout the life of your purchase. As such, we offer an extended warranty program that extends the warranty coverage for an additional 12 months beyond the standard warranty period of 12 months. This provides the customer with a total of 24 months warranty from the date of purchase.
To avail of this program, you may choose to pay 10% of the total product value upon checkout. This small investment can go a long way in protecting your investment and giving you peace of mind.
In the event that you do not purchase the extended warranty upon checkout, you may still be eligible to purchase it within one month after your purchase date. However, after this period, the extended warranty program will no longer be available.
This extended warranty program covers any defects in material beyond the standard warranty period, and it is our commitment to ensuring the satisfaction of our customers. We reserve the right to modify or amend this clause at any time, without prior notice or obligation.
For enquiries regarding extended product warranty and exemptions, please contact Festoon House through [email protected] or call us directly at 1 300 246 282.
Promotional Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Welcome to Festoon House. We’re happy to have you here. We’re committed to making our terms and conditions as easy to read and understand as possible. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Terms and conditions for all current competitions and promotions are published on this page.
Promotional Codes & Special Offers
All promotional offers are subject to Festoon House’s General Terms and Conditions, Delivery and Returns.
Promotional periods, minimum order value, and maximum discounts for promotional codes and special offers can be found under ‘Offers Information’ below. All start/end times published are as at the applicable local time for Sydney, NSW, Australia.
All promotional codes and special offers are not redeemable for cash, cannot be used to purchase gift cards, cannot be redeemed against prior purchases, and are non-transferable.
If more than one special offer is applicable to your basket, then the lower amount will be applied. Only one promotional code or special offer can be applied per transaction.
The minimum order value must be met in a single checkout transaction to be applicable. Shipping is not included in the minimum order values (where applicable) required to receive a promotional discount.
Promotional codes and special offers may be redeemed multiple times during the promotional period, provided the promotional criteria are met in every transaction unless stated under the individual offers information (below).
All promotional offers may be withdrawn or extended at any time during the promotional period at the sole discretion of Festoon House.
Festoon House reserves the right to verify the validity of any order and may at its sole discretion cancel orders or refuse to fulfil orders where a non-qualifying customer or member has claimed the promotional offer.
The below conditions apply to all promotional codes provided by Festoon House unless otherwise specified under individual promotional code information.
Promotional codes apply to visitors of www.festoonhouse.com.au during the promotional periods only where the minimum order value is reached. Promotional codes must be entered at cart checkout.
The below conditions apply to all special offers provided by Festoon House unless otherwise specified under individual special offer information.
Special offers apply to visitors of www.festoonhouse.com.au during the promotional periods, only where the requirements are met under the individual offer. Discounts are automatically applied to your cart at checkout.
Competitions and Voucher Giveaways
All competitions and voucher giveaways are subject to Festoon House General Terms and Conditions, Delivery and Returns.
The below conditions apply to all competitions and voucher giveaways by Festoon House unless otherwise specified under individual promotional code information.
Promotional periods, entry requirements and prizes for current competitions and vouchers giveaways ‘Offers Information’ (on this page). All start/end times published are as at the applicable local time for Sydney, NSW, Australia
Competition entry where a purchase is required can not be used against prior purchases.
Entry is limited to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Entries will not be accepted from employees, contractors or suppliers of Festoon House or their immediate families.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Winners will be notified via email within five business days of the draw. Their name and state/territory will be published on Festoon House under the individual promotion name found under ‘Offers Information’ on this page within 5 business days of the draw for a minimum of 28 business days. If a prize remains unclaimed 3 months after the date of the prize draw, the winner(s) will forfeit all rights to the prize. In this event, a second prize draw will take place and the new winner(s) will be informed by email.
Competition prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable.
Vouchers provided as prizes are subject to Festoon House’s promotional code terms (found above).
Review your purchase for a chance to win a $500 Gift Card
Promotional Period: 12 September 2022 12:01 am to 30 November 2023 11:59pm.
Promotion: Review your purchase for a chance to win 1 x $500 Festoon House Gift Card.
Prize: 1 x $500 festoon House Gift Card. Total prize pool value is $500 AUD.
Conditions of Entry: Customers must complete a product review and submit a product rating during the Promotional Period. The review must be product specific and comply with Festoon House product reviews moderation policies to be eligible for entry. For the sake of clarity, reviews can be positive or negative. One product review is one entry. Increase your chance of winning by including an image of the product with your review. 1 entry per product photo, maximum of 5 photos per review.
Increase your chance of winning by posting your review across multiple platforms as outlined below.
Each review has a corresponding number of entries.
Facebook review: + 1 entry
Include a photo with your Facebook review: + 1 entry (5 maximum)
Include a video with your Facebook review: + 1 entry (1 maximum)
Google Review: +1 entry
Include a photo with your Google review: + 1 entry (5 maximum)
Include a video with your Google review: + 1 entry (1 maximum)
Draw Details: The draw will take place on 30 Novemver 2023 at 11.00am at 465 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067. The first valid entry randomly drawn from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period will win the prize of 1 x $500 Festoon House Gift Card. The winner will be notified by email and their name will be posted on the Promotional T&Cs page.